Sunday, May 12, 2013

Will the Planets Ever Align?

During my formative years the main talk relationship wise was the whole Venus/Mars debate.  Ok, well, it may not have been during my formative years.  I may have just wanted to say that because I think it's funny.  Either way, I heard a lot about the whole 'no way to reconcile the communication'.  No, I never actually read the book, but I'm pretty sure I get the jist of it.  Especially since I married my father, the ultimate communicator in non-communication.  I am living the Venus/Mars relationship.

This all surrounds the "big, non-pregnancy, quasi-secret" (another clever term I coined if I must say so myself).  The quasi-secret that is out now.  Out in a way I NEVER would have done it.  I had grand ideas in my head.  I've had a blog post drafted since the first wiff that John may even apply for a new job.  I've had clever Facebook comments formulated.  I have spent time people!  Time!  All to figure out the best way to tell my family and friends that we are moving.  Then. I awoke yesterday.

My husband finally did what I've been asking about for a little while.  He simply posts on FB.  No grand blog post.  No cutesy post.  Just the facts.  So NOT MY WAY!!!

I generally check FB, the news, my email, etc, before getting out of bed.  Once I'm out of bed the kids hear me and it's all over from there.  So, imagine my surprise when I check FB and see John posted about our move.  In all the ways that I wouldn't.  And to the surprise of everyone reading this, I said nothing.  NOTHING.  ME!!  John was maybe a little aware that I was annoyed, hello I am female.  But I said nothing. Instead, I came to terms with the fact that I had asked him to say something and he did. In his way. (Can you say long drive to Fairbanks, alone?)  A proud moment for me.

So that is my ultimate Venus/Mars moment.  Communication will never come easy between us, but at least we are both aware of that fact I suppose.

So, no more guilt.  No more secret.  We are moving.  First to upstate NY until late Fall 2014, then we move on to buying a house in Huntsville, AL.  BUYING a house.  Buying a HOUSE!  I'm so hopeful it is unreal.  As well as scared, nervous, worried.  All those things one from Venus always feels.  Or am I supposed to be from Mars?  Either way.  Now you know that as this blog moves through the month you'll be joining us as we prepare for our traveling-across-the-country move.  Fun times will be had by all, I'm sure.

Loves!

No comments:

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers