Monday, May 13, 2013

New York, New York

Snow. It's why we are moving. Or, at least today's reason. We woke up to snow. May 13. Snow!! Snow is forecasted through the weekend! (Insert a thank God for Phoenix this weekend.)

I know upstate New York will have snow and winter. I also know a week ago when John was visiting it was already spring. I can do winter when it is followed by spring. I am beyond tired of winter, followed by winter, followed by winter. And Alabama winter, puh-lease! I can soooo handle that.

In reality, winter is the nagging b$&@h we are blaming our move on. It's truly all the circumstances winter and Delta bring to a family with three young children. I get the kids to library time once a week when they are healthy. When not healthy, too cold, crazy icy/windy roads, etc we don't go. On weeks we don't go we do not leave the house. Yes, a lot of parents of preemies quarantine themselves over winter. However, choosing to not go do things versus knowing there is nothing for you to do is huge. New York and Alabama will offer parks, zoos, museums, malls to walk, stores to roam (can you say Target?!). Me not doing those things will be on me, no longer on where I live.

While John was on his business trip, he had a few days to scout out the area, rentals, drs, and the such. Yes, yes, all while I was cleaning up puke - hence Phoenix. He found a bigger than needed rental for us. The best part is the huge fenced back yard. We attempted to secure rental this weekend, and alas we may lose out. The agent was to have someone sign an agreement for the property today. We tried submitting our paperwork as well, so we'll see. I'm curious if the time difference will hurt us, as our paperwork was submitted well after 5 in NY. But, surprisingly enough I'm calm about all if this. I hopped on Zillow and found a second rental for cheaper. It's smaller, but still has the fenced yard (a must). So we shall see what fate has in store for us. Truth be told, I'm betting if the landlord truly has a choice, they won't pick the family with three toddlers and two dogs. :/

Hopefully tomorrow will bring good news. It's a little needed. Until then,

Loves!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Kirstin said...

I spend a lot of time on Zillow! Have also looked on Trulia and Craig's List, but Zillow is very easy to use. I am also fixated on the the fenced backyard, but I lust after the hardwood floors!! Between the carpet and our 6 legged friends, we are so ready to move as well... Hugs to you all.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers