Sunday, May 5, 2013

Unconventional eating. It happens.

Let me begin by sharing how my day started. Many of you have already seen this, but I'm sharing again.


That is my trio wanting to color. Enjoying life after eating breakfast. All things I had not experienced for days. Of course, dad came home tonight so, Murphy's Law, they feel just fine now.

We also enjoyed this

YouTube Video

All I can say here is ugh. It was all melted again by this evening, but the constant re-covering of snow means nothing new is melting, just the same patches over and over. :/

But...on to tonight's post. I totally do things John would not. However, tonight at dinner I adopted the John way...leading to the Steph way in the extreme.

The John way of dinner was that once the kids really started goofing off I called time. Before they were necessarily done I had enough. Katie and Addie were moving noodles between plates 50,000 times, kids were reaching for stuff on the table, dropping forks, etc. once I caught them feeding dogs - DONE. Zach lost it crying for his food. I'm not one to harm my children. He was clearly still hungry, so I did give him his plate back. He ate sitting in his chair like a very well behaved boy. Once he was done we moved into the Steph phase.

What exactly is that? Well, let me show you.


Unconventional eating at its finest.


Zach is standing on one of his chairs eating olives from the can. At the counter. And see that pepper there? It wasn't safe either.



Clearly, my dinner wasn't enough.



Noodles with veggies and plain bread did not cut it. In my defense I'm still worried their tummies will rebel again.

So have you noticed who was trying to join him yet? That's right. Others thought Zach had a grand idea. Leading us to this.








My trio ate half a big can of sliced olives and half a red pepper while standing on their chairs, at the counter, AFTER DINNER.

That's how I let them roll.
Loves!

Ps - by all appearances they are recovered. John will still cover me for a bit in the am then I'll feel guilty I'm sure. Given I'm awake.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers