Sunday, November 11, 2012

Oh my word!

Well that took a while!  All I wanted to do was listen to a friend's comment about the white on black text being hard to read...and add a new winter/holiday look.  Hahaha.  Why didn't I know this would not work in my favor?  I truly don't know.  I should have, but I didn't.  Now, three days, a frustrated email, and multiple phone calls later...I think we have a look that I can live with! 

I do not understand how some of you can get a template to work on your blog.  I simply cannot and have stopped trying.  It is better for me to find a vector pattern, remove the background image, and use the pattern.  Trust me, before yesterday I had NO IDEA what a vector pattern was.  I still don't really know, I just know that the free ones are what I want as my background image.  lol  Note, free.  I still can't imagine paying for anything associated with my blog, except for Ken's services of course.  He is my go to "something is wrong and you are a computer expert" brother-in-law.  His true suggestion?  Get rid of blogger and let me make her a real page.  LOL  Like I wouldn't have even more trouble with that?!?  I bet he suggested it because he can better control, fix, etc. my mistakes on a "real" page. 

Once I figured out what I needed image wise, searched for the right one for a few hours (good thing kids around here nap!)...then came the process of "how did I do this last time?"  Eventually, I figured it out.  Yeah me!  Of course, that just means I now got to mess with fonts, colors, etc.  Anyone who knows me knows I'm a perfectionist.  Needless to say, I may never think it is right.  But - for now, you are stuck with it. 

I hope you like it.  Friend of mine, I hope the reading is easier on your eyes.  If not, let me know.  That should be a simple font/color issue...as long as I don't think, hey, maybe we should change the look up for the holidays!  LOL

Anyway, this rambling blog is to let you know...we're back!  Now I'm off to figure out the whole "can you please get her to change the password, I'm afraid an untoward site will hack her soon it's so bad" issue I was told I have.  If only he knew how TRULY bad at passwords John and I are, he may have a heart attack! 

Loves!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Looks great! Need to check mobile settings because the text is really hard to read on the background. On the computer and iPad its perfect.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers