Monday, November 5, 2012

An apple a day

Keeps little miss busy. Surprisingly, I knew what was for dinner mid-afternoon, so once John arrived home I got to work. I reached over the gate for the potatoes (too intriguing for littles, especially Zach who likes to taste test). As I'm washing them I hear a loud THUMP! It was weird, i glanced back but didnt se anything. I figured the girls dropped something over the gate. About a minute later I hear "Addie, what are you eating? How did you get that. Steph?!".
As I round the corner this is what I see:




Well, ok, that is what I see after the flash light blinking and her preparing for the bright light.
This is what I see after turning the flash off:




Yep! That, folks, is an apple. The loud thump? I'm assuming it was an apple falling from our fruit bowl onto the floor where Addie rescued it all the while thinking 'why, yes, I am a bit hungry'. She was chomping down like a pro!




Mind you, chica is just about 16 months. I bet this felt good for her teeth though. She ate quite a bit, then daddy fed them the last of the sweet potato chips I made yesterday and they gobbled those down, as well as the last of the olives from lunch (veggie quesadilla)...and they ate a good portion of dinner, breakfast, but dinner. :)
I leave you with this:




Addie's apple will keep the dr away Tuesday, but Wed she has a PT consult to check her walking and I'm hoping for a same day dr. appt to check her weight again and check Zach's red rashyish face. Yep, rashyish. It's a word, promise.
Loves!
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Lynda said...

Girl likes apples - that's a good thing, probably thought that you dropped it just for her. Surprised that Zach didn't ask for a bite. Sounds like they had a good rounded dinner....or not....

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers