Sunday, November 11, 2012

16 Months

How did this happen??  I really don't know!  My toddlers are becoming big kids, sniff sniff.
Could they look any more impressed? Especially Zach!  Pay no mind to my brilliant keep-the-tights-up-with-the-onesie look the girls are sporting.  Maybe that's the excuse for Addie's look?  Ok, but really, they are getting so BIG.
Adalyn

Katherine

Zachary

  If I tell Addie to get a diaper, or mention that I need a diaper, she will walk to the gate and start reaching through.  We keep the diapers on the other side of the gate to avoid seeing how quickly they can get all diapers out of the packaging.  With three it doesn't take long.  When Addie helps I hold the package to the gate and let her grab it for me.
  They can all walk their diapers to the trash and throw them away.  The girls also "help" mommy lock the trash can back up when we are done.  What's that you say?  You DON'T lock your trash can?  Well, you must not have three interested little bodies with six interested hands.  We decided to put a simple child lock on the trashcan when they decided to start exploring everything they could pull out.
  For a while Addie has been helping with getting the boppies when nighttime bottles are ready.  I recently started having them sit on a blanket for afternoon snack.  Partly to gain some control and partly to try and keep the dogs from being fed eating too much of the snack.  When I tell them it's snack time Zach now walks over and gets the blanket from next to the tv.
  All three kids know which chair they want to sit in for meals.  When we are close to being ready I tell them to "pick your chair" and they all go pick.  It's not always the same chair either.  I find that very interesting.  They will pick different chairs.  It makes me wonder why, but unfortunately they can't tell me yet.
  When we go out just me and the kids, I let Zach walk behind the stroller helping me push it - he pushes on the basket, I use the handle.  
  All the kids are now very well versed in climbing OUT of their car seats.  Sometimes in them, often standing to turn around, but most recently and most annoyingly, out of them. Nothing is as fun as trying to strap one kid in while the other two climb out, you put them back, go back to securing, out they come again.  Good times!  You can imagine how small the van starts to feel with multiple bodies moving around the back as I'm trying to move quickly and efficiently.  Ya know, as I typed that I realized my mistake!  Note to self, forget about the quickly and efficiently!!

  This story I had to call John at the office and recite for him it was TOO amazing even for me.  The other day before nap time Addie was playing in the corner where the boppies and pillows are tossed.  She likes to use them to climb onto the end table.  Something happened and I heard her crying - when I got over there she is on her back with her pants almost off (another new trick they have been practicing).  I pull the pants the rest of the way off and pick her up for some cuddles.  Needless to say a lot of the time I think pants are extraneous (if you took them on and off little bodies as much as I do you would feel the same) so she played in her onesie.  Off to nap we go, no problems.  After nap I truly had no idea what I had done with her pants.  I asked her "Addie, where are your pants?"  She climbs off my lap as I'm asking her again, scanning the room...little girl walks to the corner, me: "Addie, where are you going?  Where are your pants?"  She leans down, up comes a little hand with HER PANTS!  She remembered!! Even I had forgotten, but she remembered!!  I hope you are as amazed by that story as I was and still am.

Those are our 16 mo olds.  They crack us up on a daily basis.  





Loves!

1 comment:

Lynda said...

I wondered what that pink ruffle was that was sticking out from under their sweater dresses...now I know, their onsies! Good thing that the kiddos remember stuff, they can help grandma find things when I get up there - short term memory problems that come with age is my excuse. I bet you often wonder if your life will ever settle down to normal - don't know that it will for some years to come. You and John are doing a terrific job - so proud to be your Mom.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers