Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The update I wanted to post 5-13

First, a follow up on me.  I'm doing good but really really slowing down.  Carol goes in for her hip surgery tomorrow so John is moving his weekend visit up.  He'll drive down Friday evening and stay through Monday afternoon so he can go to the Dr. Richey appt.  He hasn't been to any appt in a while so it will be nice for him to get to see the babes. 

Kim and Ken will be here in just a few weeks.  I'm excited to see them again and (fingers crossed) our weather has been gorgeous so it needs to stay that way since they have had nothing but rain lately.


Now, a follow up on my opinion... yesterday there was an article about FEMA billing people that they wrongly paid.  Have to tell you the two examples they used in the story and I think my opinion below is fully validated.  One person received $20,000 b/c the FEMA rep said he didn't receive an insurance payout from his flood insurance....HOWEVER...HE DID!  The homeowner went on the explain the payout went directly to his mortgage since the same company held both.  Instead of saying "but, I did get a payout, but it was used to pay my mortgage (which I am still responsible for)" and never receiving the FEMA money he kept his mouth shut.  As did the second example, a couple who knew they wouldn't get FEMA help since their community had decided to opt out of the Nat'l Flood Ins program, which they knew flood insurance was a requirement to receive the money.  Think that stopped them from taking the money given??  NOOOOO.  Now both of these people are going to their local reps to get a law passed in Congress that FEMA is no longer beholden to us, the taxholders, to recoup money they gave out by mistake.  America, land of the greedy.  Not quite the American dream I was taught growing up.

No comments:

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers