Saturday, April 30, 2011

Week 24

We made it to week 24 and am still up a little bit.  :)

Today has been a bit rough.  It seems they are moving around quite a bit because my stomach will hurt and be super hard in one spot, but then a few minutes later not hurt and not be hard.  I don't think it's pre-term labor because not my whole uterus is hard - just the spots that make me hurt.  So somebody is putting their head or butt or something up to me trying to make more room.  I never had growing pains growing up - gee are you surprised?  They stink!  Although I must admit I wouldn't mind having some in my legs still (to get taller).  lol

Next week should be a busy one if I can keep up with it all.  It starts tomorrow with a shower for my sister-in-law who will give birth in about 3.5 weeks.  Monday I'm going to try to get to the multiples parents goup at 10am, then have an ob appt. at 11am just down the road at the other hospital.  Tuesday, the multiples parents (of the newborns/infants) meets in the pm, and Wednesday I have another check with the physical therapist I went to last Wed.  I need to keep up on the exercises she gave me (and get the dang wrist braces!) because they really do help.  I've had to increase the pillows I sleep with as well, but that is helping too.  The only drawback to that is that there isn't any room for John in the bed anymore.  LOL  Not sure where he is going to sleep when he visits.  I've got them on both sides since I still roll over and sleep on both sides... so the bed is pretty much just amass with pillows.  Now if I could just stop waking up in the middle of the night having to pee I'd get some good sleep.  Theoretically anywho. 

The absolute best thing about being here is that I reconnected with a good friend.  Weird, but we just let life get in the way - ok, and a few hurt feelings on both sides about that - and quit being as close.  After some heartfelt texting (funny, but it is 2011) we realized how much we missed each other and wanted to be true friends again.  God works in mysterious ways right?  

For those of you praying/thinking of my dad it is much much appreciated.  He is still in ICU, but I do believe things are going ok.  I think he just needs to gain some more weight so the meds aren't so tough on him, then they could get him off the meds and into a regular room.  Either way, the surgery was successful and everyone is anxious for him to get going with rehab, but no one wants to rush him either.  Stupid catch-22.

Well that's my news for the week.  I'll see about getting a pic tomorrow at the shower - I'll look decent at least.  And I'll be sure to post on Monday after the appts. 

No comments:

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers