Saturday, April 23, 2011

23 weeks

We made it to 23 weeks, but oh the difference a week can make!  Last weekend I was pretty active and mobile, this weekend not so much.  I'm just definitely slowing down which is fine by me.  Had a dr. appt on Wed and all babies are over 1lb. now.  A little concerned about my cervix, but we'll keep an eye on it.  If it measures below 3 (cm? mm?) I will end up in the hospital on bed rest.  That is NOT one of our goals, hence the more resting and laying down less activity.

John is visiting again this weekend which is nice.  Carol's surgery got rescheduled, so I won't have to worry about that for another few weeks.  Dad's surgery is Tuesday but it's early enough I'm hoping that by the time I wake up in the am it will be over and all will be well with the world.  :)

John and I went on the maternity center tour this afternoon.  It was nice to see all the different rooms.  I got to see the surgery recovery rooms that connect to the NICU which is probably one of the ones I'll be in.  We didn't get a tour of the NICU yet, but we will soon I'm sure.  On Monday I meet with the instructor for the expecting multiples class I missed earlier this month (could not find the registration for it and the next one isn't until July).  It's super nice that the instructor will meet with me!

~Stephanie

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Rest up!!! Glad you had a good tour and are getting the lay of the land! Have a very happy Easter!!!

Lynda said...

hope you are enjoying your Easter - the last quiet one you will get for a while....smile. You are smart to get as much bed rest as you can at home and not in the hospital. Miss you lots, it is really quiet here as well - dad watching game and mary reading. Had a good brunch, and will serve up ham, yukon golds, and aspergrass tonight. Loves all of you - give Carol my best. Will let you know how Tuesday works out, we are hoping for the very best.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers