Monday, April 18, 2011

22 weeks

We've made it to 22 weeks!  This past Saturday my sister and sister-in-law threw an awesome surprise baby shower.  I was suspicious something was up with John's visit, but wasn't truly expecting my sister to be here.  She was awesome in getting John and us the hotel suite for the weekend.  It would have been really awesome if he had been able to stay an extra day, but alas work duties called him.  He'll be back in 4 days for the long Easter weekend though.  

The suite at the Cook was a great place to hold the shower.  It was the perfect size and cozy for all.  I'm glad people from multiple aspects of my life were able to attend.  I would bet the last time that type of inter-mingling happened was at the wedding.  

After the shower John, Kim, Elvie, and I just hung out in the suite then went to a semi-late dinner.  Yesterday we had a birthday lunch with the four of us and mom, and Mary at Glacier Brewhouse.  Yum!  Then John packed up all the shower gifts and headed home to get the dogs.  Kim, Elvie, and I headed out to show Elvie all the old landmarks so she has a point of reference when Randy talks about his childhood.  Dinner was Moose's Tooth which is always good.  Today found us dropping mom at the airport, heading back downtown for the mandatory Lucky Wishbone visit before Kim and Elvie took off down the Seward Highway.  They were headed for at least Beluga Point, if not all the way to Girdwood.  

As for the babies, I think they are doing good.  The lowest one is quite a little mover and the other two seem to plan their kicks and movements a bit more.  This am however was the first time baby girl #2 (I think) was moving a bit so I put my hand on my belly and pushed a couple times to be rewarded with a "knock it off mom" kick back.  The next dr. appt is this Wednesday (my bday).  It's with the perinatologist (Dr. Richey) who does the 3d pics, which I lovingly refer to as alien pics.  They just look a little weird - hence my name for them.  I'll try to take some pics of the pics and load them here Wed night.

I will miss my family when they are all gone tomorrow.  I'm super glad Elvie finally got to AK - and at a gorgeous time too!  Mom had a good visit and Kim loved being the mother hen for a few days.  Her and Ken will be back around Memorial Day weekend to go help John with the reorg happening in the house.  I hope I'm able to be up a bit still, but we'll have to see.  

More to come on Wed!  :)

No comments:

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers