Tuesday, September 20, 2011

We love our Auntie Kim!

Auntie Kim leaves today and I wonder how we are going to survive.  I truly have never seen so much energy in one person.  During her stay she helped with all but one feeding and she was often up in the middle of the night comforting somebody.  She has lived on short bursts of 2 hours of sleep (on a good day) the whole time she has been here.  She has done endless loads of laundry, washed endless loads of bottles, patted endless backs, changed endless bottoms - and all while singing, playing, dancing, and loving on our littles.  It's that added feature of loving every moment of it that we will miss.  I know she has fallen head over heels for our littles (sorry Ken), and I'm so thankful for it. 

I will admit, although I love caring for our littles, it is also frustrating for me... or maybe just overly tiring.  Maybe the difference is that I add the emotion of worry (would I really be me if I wasn't worrying??).  I worry they are not eating enough, pooping enough, sleeping enough...take your pick I can always find something to worry about.  I can say worrying does not keep me awake like it used to, I'm to flat out exhausted.  Insomnia no more!

Having my mom and sister here make me feel even more like we need to move closer to family soon.  These littles deserve to be around family that love them so completely.  Add to that all of the family "stuff" I've missed over the past few years, and the being too far away when my dad was ill means it's time for me to be closer to my family.  As I type this I lament not being able to attend my cousins wedding this weekend.  All the Christmas get-togethers, weddings, wedding/baby showers I've missed...makes me sad I'm not there. 

Well, this blog post took a turn off the path it started down.  Auntie Kim, you know we can never tell you how important your visit was.  We will love you forever, please bring your awesome supply of energy (and your camera) back soon!  Until then...









2 comments:

Kirstin said...

Coming from another far-flung family member... I totally hear ya. It's very hard to be far away. I'm so glad that Kim has lots of love to give in such practical ways! Let's hear it for auntie skills. :-)

Joanne said...

I can identify and agree with everything you said. First, great job Kim!! You are an awesome big sister and aunt! Second, the only reason we are in South Carolina was to be closer to my parents. It proved worthwhile. My Mom passed away only a year and a half after I moved here and my Dad a year later. I am still within a 2-hour flight of most of my siblings. Rick's Mom & Dad both live in Florida. As you get older, the family ties get even stronger. Hang in there Steph and John.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers