Sunday, September 11, 2011

Happy 2 months my littles

My littles are two months old as of Friday, Sept. 9  They are only 3 weeks adjusted.  It's hard to remember back to when they were three weeks old.  At that age they were a rooming-in stay away from coming home (rooming in was when dad and I had to stay overnight in the hospital in total charge of their care).  3 weeks 2 days is when they came home.  They have grown so much since then, literally and figuratively.

Zach has become our slightly more needy child.  He seems to have some reflux issues that are the main cause of fussiness.  That and his stubbornness that makes him think he will miss out on the greatest thing ever if he falls asleep.  Poor kid gets the heaviest eyelids at time, but boy oh boy is he strong enough to still keep them open.  He has gorgeous eyes though, so staring into them isn't really too bad of a deal; the problem comes when he is screaming his face into a nice shade of purple at the same time.  That's the Zach that gets difficult to deal with because you feel so sorry for him, but can't help him at all.  Then there is the sweetest boy in the world Zach.  When he is awake and alert he is absolutely gorgeous, funny, sweet, and an amazing baby.  He makes you laugh and cry our little Zach man.  I'm hoping as we start progressing through this next month and beyond some of his reflux issues dissipate making him happier. 

Kate is technically our oldest and she seems to know that.  Her and Zach have stayed toe to toe in regard to weight and growth.  In the past few weeks she has become more demanding at feeding time, much like Zach does as well.  If their bottles are not ready when they think it is time let the voicing of discontent begin.  Unfortunately for Miss Katie-bug every time she starts crying it makes me laugh.  She gets the biggest frowny faces and just shows you her gums and cries.  Her cry often sounds like a whine, and like I mentioned before the oy oy oy starts coming out.  She also still sings some when eating, but not as much which is a little sad.  It makes the times she does sing all the more special.  As I type this I think how much rhythm our girl has, she is melodic both when crying and singing!  Such talent at such a young age, she is sure to be a special one!

Addie is still little Miss Addie.  Her calm, cool, collected personality sets her apart from her brother and sister.  She's still the smallest of the bunch, but I love that about her.  Of course, I keep telling her I want her to grow taller than me, but if she doesn't that's ok too.  The absolute best thing about our Adders are her eyes.  All of our babes have gorgeous big eyes, but Addie's eyes seem to be filled with so much knowledge, patience, and love it is amazing.  She just looks at you, forms the precious little "oh" of a mouth and how can you resist melting?  This girl is going to be a heart breaker some day.  As much as I think Kate will be our little princess, I think Addie will be our little tomboy.  As sweet and innocent as she looks, you just know there is some trouble brewing.  I can't wait to see how she works that out. 

All of our children are gorgeous, amazing, loving, stubborn little blends of ourselves.  They are all so unique, yet so similar at the same time.  I am truly amazed at them every day.  As difficult as these weeks and months have been because of sleep deprivation, worry, change, and all of the newness that comes with being first time parents - John and I wouldn't change a thing.  We are in love more and more each day.  We are both filled with pride and joy as we say to our littles Happy 2 month birthday!

2 comments:

Lynda said...

Don't know why, but just reading this makes me cry. I agree with everything you have written, but you have left out one thing that is Zach's amazing musicality. I am so in awe of the changes on his little face when he hears music play - you can just see him enjoying every note. I have not seen a baby react to music the way he does - something special for sure. Love to all the littles on their 2 month birthday - and love to mom and dad as well, hang in there!

Unknown said...

I have to agree with Lynda. This made me cry. It is so sweet the way you describe the littles, so beautifully. I wish I could do the same for Lizzie. I probably will be able to once the sleep deprivation wears off.

I am so glad they are doing well and I love hearing about their different personalities. Happy 2 Months Littles. You are well loved by all :)

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers