Saturday, September 3, 2011

Sad day in Slette land

Today is a sad day for the Slette littles and their momma.  Grammy left this morning.  :'(
Grandma arrived a month ago and has been more of a help then she can ever imagine.  I know the littles will never remember her being here, but without her I may not have made it this far.  Ok, well I probably would have made it this far, but I would be a LOT more insane than I am now.  Grammy has helped with countless middle of the night feeds and fusses, millions of diaper changes, including the really bad blow outs (come on, how many people will see poop leaking out of a diaper and say "let me get it for you"?), gallons of formula making, and hours of bottle washing.  In return she received the best smiles (no, it's NOT gas!), silly faces, crazy body sounds, and ador-da-ble outfits.  We will miss her greatly and canNOT wait until we see her again.  


To mark Grammy's departure all three littles decided to mourn between the 9am and 1pm feeding.  Mourning to a little generally consists of fussing, refusing to sleep, crying because they are tired, and then finally crashing 15 minutes before they should be awake.  This mourning period is accompanied by tears, stress, frustration, and a lot of trying to keep paci's in mouths by mom and dad.  Lucky for all of us Auntie Kim arrives on Monday! 


Sorry for the short post, but Addie is telling me I've spent enough time on the computer this afternoon. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dang! And here I was last week worked up that I no help for my one little daughter and was on an anxious craze, crying all the time!

It'll get better. And I'll be herento listennif you need aa friend to vent to, cry or scream at. Lordmlnows I'll need it.

Hugs!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers