Wednesday, March 30, 2011

What is "moderate bedrest"? (aka: ladies who lunch)

It seems many people don't know what "moderate bed rest" is.  Well, let me tell you - I experience it every time I go out.  Yes, I can still go out and usually it is to lunch.  As I told a friend, that is a great outing because I get to travel, rest/eat, then travel back.  :)  Well this week I have been taking advantage!  Monday I met with two old bosses from Alaska National at Hot Stixx across from Freds on Dimond.  Yesterday Carol's family friend fixed us lunch at her house and today I met my "other mother" at Charlie's Bakery.  

Where does the moderate bed rest come in you ask?  Today, I needed to go shopping at Target (is there really anywhere else?) so I chose to go after lunch.  I went in to the bra section, tried on a few items, walked to the groceries, picked up my milk, juice, ice cream (yes, yes, and a package of jelly beans) then, feeling tired already,  headed for the checkout stand.  I stopped along the way to pick up a thank you card for Sue, maker of our lunch yesterday.  I was going so slow by the time I checked out the poor man loaded the two bags in my cart for me.  lol

I headed home and rested into a nap.  That is moderate bed rest... not having enough energy to do much.  It pretty much forces me to get enough rest - which is a good thing.  I've been told when I get tired I waddle.  I'll have to check with mom next week to verify.   

6 comments:

Lynda said...

Sounds like we should be buying some big floppy hats so we can look the part of "ladies who lunch". I just thought of something really creepy, I left Alaska April 2, 1991 and will be flying back (not for the first time) on April 2, 2011.

Kimberly said...

I love that you are a lady that lunches - sounds perfect! I do love my Target; they are suggesting that they may open one in downtown Portland that I could walk to after work on my way home - please, please, please let that be true!!! ;) Love you!

Kimberly said...

Oh - I also bought Jelly Beans today!! :)

Stephanie said...

I got classic Brachs flavor - nothing like the original. :) Now if they just build a Tar-jay in Fbx it would be FANTASTIC!!

Really mom - it's been 20 years? Ugh, I cannot believe we have aged each of those years. You were here at the 10 yr mark too, just in Sept instead of April. You were here during 9/11 weren't you? I do believe so.

Lynda said...

my first reaction to reading this was "that's exactly how I feel" Big difference, Mom says that I don't waddle. Love ya - Dad

Auntie Helayne said...

I didn't mean waddle, waddle-I just meant that it looked like it is more work for you to walk(tiring) :) Don't tell those babies that this auntie said bad stuff about you!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers