Friday, May 11, 2012

My Katie girl

Ah my Katie girl. I swear her first birthday gift is going to be a mini-oscar. She is a drama queen for sure. I know I've told you all about Zach's back and Addie's toes...with Katie, it's her eyes.


Those eyes tell you all you need to know, whether happy, sad, or simply trying/pretending to be sad. What's that you say? My oldest wouldn't pretend...well, you just need to see her in action.
It all starts with the perceived wrong. This could be her not getting the phone, ipad, remote control; her getting her hair pulled, toy taken, paci taken out; her falling from standing, getting frustrated from standing, ... do you get the point? So, perceived wrong makes this:



Go to this:




This face is usually accompanied by a 15-30 second silence. It really is quite funny as she silently screams (it makes me think she will also inherit the famous silent Hermann laugh). One she finds her voice again, oh boy bring on the ear piercing scream.




Followed by the sobbing.




Now that sobbing. Most of the time our sweet Katie girl sobs, then squuueeeezzzzeeeesss her eyes together for this effect.




Did it work? Those eyes are asking. For those who aren't experiencing this multiple times a day, it might. But me, I try not to smile as I give her a hug and wipe away the tears.

Those eyes can also be filled with mischief. As you recall, I mentioned electronics. These are what her eyes look like when she spots said electronics.


Those eyes hold the answers to many of the world's questions. I can't wait until she can tell me just what's behind them, how about you?



Love my big girls eyes, my boys back, and my itty bitties toes. Those are my littles.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Love, love, love your little drama queen!! I saw that eye squeeze trick and it worked on me. The photo pictorial from sweet Katie, to unhappy Katie, to 'do you feel sorry for me yet and can I have your iPhone now' Katie is the best!! Only a mommy that sees that happen a few times a day could have the nerves to capture it all on camera instead of the typical auntie response, pick her up and surrender said electronics! Way to go Mom!!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers