Monday, October 3, 2011

News of the day (aka: mommy rants on the news of the day)

Boy oh boy, today has been quite the news day.  Amanda Knox = free!  Chris Christie no might mean yes, stay tuned for the ultimate flip flop!  And the most irritating for me, apparently Sheri Sheppard has a different emotional response to a story reported by Whoopi than the same story reported by Barbara!

Good grief I say!  (insert pic of Charlie Brown here)  ;)

Amanda Knox.  That girl needs to get out of Italy NOW.  I didn't know much about this case other than the basics until this past weekend.  I was watching a news show, maybe 60 Minutes, maybe just the nightly news...mommy brain means I can't remember (it was on the channel with GMA though, they talked about GMA updating the story Monday am).  But... the show went into detail on how she was railroaded by a prosecutor who needed to save face.  And the even more abhorrent thing is that this is the SECOND time this person has accused the wrong person and argued it so fiercely!  Disgusting.  There was absolutely NO evidence this girl did anything wrong, yet she spent the last three years in jail.  I'm am very happy she has been set free.  Why do I think she needs to get out of dodge?  Because I also think she is Italy's Casey Anthony - many people there do believe she killed her roommate and are upset at the verdict.  Totally innocent, no - she did accuse somebody else when she should have kept her mouth closed, but who knows the situation she was in when she named him.  Props to the judge for sentencing her to time served so she can go home.  Wonder how soon she'll be visiting Europe again?  Ever??

Chris Christie.  Good lordly loo, give me a break.  The guy has been pretty adamant he does NOT want to run for President....until maybe now.  "Big announcement coming"  puh-lease.  I hope the big announcement is that he is sticking to his word and not running.  First, because he has been so adamant to date.  Second, because I don't appreciate his attitude toward public servant workers.  Yep, the union issue.  Are they (unions) the second coming, no of course not.  However, no school district could survive w/o them because it evens the playing field re: advancement, pay, leave, etc.  Imagine if all of those things were truly run like a regular business where each employee fends for him/herself.  Really?  I don't think school districts are set up to run that way and to get set up would mean more employees at the top.  Loading the administrative office is not the way to improve education.  Removing the ability to negotiate for leave, advancement, etc, is not the way either.  Many times those are more the negotiating point rather than salary.  On a side note, I was watching The View the other day and the heavily NJ audience booed him as governor...if the people of his own state aren't impressed...
The news did report today that he is NOT a shoe-in for re-election.  Maybe that's why he is now changing his mind re: Presidential election.  (Notice, I didn't mention the weight issue at all, I actually think that is petty).

Sheri Sheppard.  GOOD GRIEF!  She is an idiot today!!  During their hot topics Whoopi mentions the current Rick Perry incident about the tagged rock on his dad's hunting grounds.  She openly talks about it using the word tagged on the rock (yep, the "n" word plus "head").  This is discussion...so Barbara also starts to talk about it, again using the word tagged on the rock.  Well, low and behold, Barbara using the EXACT SAME WORD is offensive to Mrs. SS.  Really??  You are an IDIOT!  I cannot say it loud enough.  As Barbara argued to her - it is in the course of reporting/discussing a real life issue.  It was not slang, slander, or just stupid talk.  Mrs SS made herself look even worse to me when she said it was only Barbara's use of the word that was offensive; not Whoopi's.  Look, either the word is offensive or not.  I hate the game of "she can say it, but he can't".  Yes, I think it is an offensive word in general; however, they were reporting a story and were being accurate.  I had no idea what the big deal was with this hunting camp, now I do.  Sheri, get over yourself and save those feelings of insult for much more valid times please.

Yep, those are my rants for the day.  My littles are sleeping not so soundly as it's almost feeding time.  They are awesome and amazing all in one still.  :)

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Makes me really miss watching the view with you every day!!!! I'm glad Amanda is in Seattle, smart girl. I'm glad CC is not running, smart man if he ever really wants to run. SS....never did like her. Don't they pay her to be an idiot? :-)

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers