Monday, June 13, 2011

To all those who think I am overdoing it...

you would be wrong!  Good thing dad isn't going to read this directly, b/c this comment can be edited out for him, but my cervix is still doing awesome.  My goal is to keep doing much of the same.  Getting out of the house 1-2 times a week for a few minutes and other than that hanging in the bedroom.


Report from the baby dr:  she scheduled my next appt for 4 months weeks* out (I see my other dr. every week though, no worries).  The babies all weigh over 3lbs (3.4, 3.6, 3.8 I think), her be all end all date is 37 weeks.  I told her I would be in TEARS if we got that far.  oh my gosh!  Overall, she is more than happy with the progress.  Although I don't necessarily feel all three moving all the time, boy oh boy are they!  There was a power surge right before the appointment so it took a few minutes for their computers to come back up.  John and I were waiting, ready to go.  I was partially reclined with my shirt up, belly exposed and John was freaking out.  The babies decided to show him their kick boxing skills.  lol  My belly was moving all kinds of ways!  He understood a bit more how it can be uncomfortable if that is happening on the inside of you.  (ok, it's kinda cool too :) )  Once we got going the ultrasound confirmed they are constantly on the go.  John asked if they had good heartbeats and she kinda laughed and said, well, I don't know that we need to look with all that movement. 


Now my message to those who are continually talking 4 more weeks (or more)... I understand you feel that way, please don't think that I feel any different.  However, mentally I have to take it literally one day at a time.  If I'm super uncomfortable I take it maybe 30 minutes at a time as I question whether to go to ob/triage or not.  Most of the time when I start to wonder simply laying down, eating, or drinking fixes the issue.  You are more than welcome to talk with John about weeks in the future, but when you talk with me please understand it is very very difficult for me as each day passes.  Taking it one day at a time does get me through the week I believe- seeing as how I made it from 29 to 30.  I still think I am a strong person and I don't feel bad for taking it one day at a time, but I also don't want to offend anyone when I roll my eyes or get annoyed at their "4 more weeks please" comments.  And yes, this even applies to my awesome dr!  I DID tell her I would be in tears probably needing meds if we actually get to 37 weeks.  lol


My goal for this week is to also be vigilant about testing my blood sugar and blood pressure.   My bp is creeping up to my dr's "go to the hospital" point and as much as I know when I should test my blood sugar sometimes life happens.  For instance, today I was supposed to test at 1pm.  Well, about 3pm I realized CRAP - at 1 John was on his way out the door, Carol was in talking with me, and I totally spaced it.  Ugh.  So back to the phone alarm it is.  :/

*thanks for finding the oops Kim!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I think your doc scheduled your appt for 4 WEEKS out not months...however, reading the rest of th post I can see how it could feel like 4 months!!! Ha-ha!!!

I think one day at a time is just great - I wish I was up there more and could just stop by and visit or check in on you more regularly. I will wait until they are here and I can really help!

While I ope you make it 4 more weeks, here is to getting through Tuesday. :) Love you tons, and tons, and tons, and tons!!!

~k

Lynda said...

Kim, I think you hope (not ope) she makes it 4 more weeks. Getting closer to that "after the 4th of July" time period aren't we. Like I said before, so proud of you, you are already showing what a wonderful mother you will be. Would have loved to be there to watch the kickboxing show. Miss you lots - will relay info to your dad.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers