Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Sleep is so overrated

At least sleep in the way normal people consider it.  After spending a painful, uncomfortable, mostly sleepless night I accepted that I can no longer sleep like a "normal" person.  Meaning, no more true horizontal sleeping for me.  Instead I prop up the pillows as if I was up watching tv and then kinda shift onto my side to sleep.  Much more comfortable.  I think truly laying down just puts too much pressure on all my organs, etc the big ol' babies are sleeping on.


It will be interesting the next weekend John visits.  I've told him quite a few times it would be hard for him to share the bed with me, but it never really was.  Well, now it is.  Not only does he need to bring another pillow for himself since I truly do use 5-6 pillows strategically placed there isn't an extra or two for him anymore.  


Now don't get me wrong.  Finding this better placement doesn't mean sleep is easy coming for me.  I still spend half my night rolling from one side to another once I finally do get to sleep.  As I said, sleep is overrated at this point. 

1 comment:

Lynda said...

I discovered that as I got older and "stuff" starts to pile up on you.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers