Friday, March 30, 2012

Zach's Back

This is a post I've wanted to do for a while.  It's old info, but I was thinking of the pictures today and they made me smile so I knew I wanted to get back on here and create it tonight.  Oftentimes I feel like one child gets left out of the mix.  I'm sure that is common with multiples and increases with the higher number one is blessed with.  How MoMs of quads do it I honestly have no idea.  Lately, when I think of photos or the blog I feel like Zach gets left out.  Well, in all honesty for a while I was capturing pictures of him in all sorts of funny circumstances.  It's time I share them with you.  I present to you....

Zach's back:


Ever since he was a baby Zach has liked laying on his belly.  In fact, I believe when I was wheeled into the NICU to meet my trio he was on his belly - mere hours after being born.  By the way, can you believe he used to be this tiny?  Sigh.

During my mom's visit over Thanksgiving, Zach was the first to roll over.  It was a complete accident.  He was so mad that we put him on his belly he just flipped back over.  (At that time he was not a happy tummy boy). He did it twice during her visit then not again for quite a while.  However, once he did master the flip boy oh boy, then he LOVED being on his belly (I think it was a control issue, he was now in control).  There was no stopping this boy!  We found him flipping over everywhere we put him!



It would take him a few minutes, then you would hear the sounds of a boy working to get out of his current predicament.


Then he'd see me grab the camera.  "Mom!  Help me, don't take pictures!!"


We saw that face often.  Of course, I never stopped taking pictures.  We have pictures of him flipped over in every bouncy chair, the lounger, heck - even the swing I believe.  This is a determined boy!  But don't let him fool you.  Many times he was very very proud of himself once he was flipped onto his belly - as he should be.


Zach was also the first to sleep full-time on his belly. This does not surprise me, but makes for some darn cute pictures.  Yes, Kim, he is covered in a pink blanket.  It happens.  :)



As I finish this up, I think of my dad.  I have many memories of him grabbing a pillow and laying on the floor for a nap...on his belly.  I have a feeling as Zach gets older he will do the exact same thing.  It will be a site that will bring a smile to my face and tears to my eyes.  That is my boy and his back.  I love his little back (and what a cute diaper butt he has!).

I will leave you with one more picture.  One of my favorites.  My boy.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I also love that last pic and forgive the pink blankie cause it's so darn cute!!! Great blog mommy!!!

Lynda said...

Great post - wonderful memories. The last two pics are my favorites as well. Lets hope that grabbing a pillow and taking a nap on the floor will be one of many of your dad's traits that Zach picks up. Excuse while I dry my tears.

Love - Mom

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers